Tawana H. Gray
Fort Worth, Texas
Even as a child growing up in Northeast Texas, Tawana Gray enjoyed helping cousins and classmates solve problems. She tried to do it for the adults as well, but her grandmother was having none of that. As an undergraduate engineering student, she had no desire to teach or to be a lawyer, so she forgot about the personality assessment she took as a first semester freshman. It told her she was best suited for two professions, teacher and lawyer.
Then as a senior, she discovered her love for teaching and lack thereof for engineering. So instead of finishing a degree in chemical engineering, she graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Sociology with minors in chemical engineering and math from Lamar University in 1998. Ms. Gray went on to teach high school and middle school science for several years before realizing that she would like to help people with their legal problems.
A 2004 honor graduate of Texas A&M University School of Law, Ms. Gray has spent nine of her first ten years in practice in the non-profit arena, helping those who desperately need legal assistance but cannot afford it. She opened the doors to her own practice in January 2015 to be better able to focus on the areas of law she most enjoys. While she no longer teaches in the public schools, she enjoys teaching a group of middle school girls at her church and being an adjunct professor at a local university.
Ms. Gray lives with her husband and two sons in Arlington where she enjoys spending time with them, reading, cooking, and serving in her church.
Areas of Practice
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- Texas A&M University School of Law (formerly Texas Wesleyan University School of Law), Fort Worth, Texas
- Juris Doctor cum laude – 2004
- Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas
- B.S., Bachelor of Science – 1998
- Major: Sociology
- Minor: Chemical Engineering and Math